Monday, May 20, 2013

China Glaze For Audrey

"You know those days when you get the mean reds?"

Well I've recently had a mean red day myself, and if for Holly Golightly that can only be remedied by a trip to Tiffany's, I've found solace in little bottles filled with colors.


Yes, ladies and gentlemen - I have decided to blog again.


I figured I have accumulated enough nail polish in the span of two years my index nail took to grow (Sorry about that, I really was not making excuses!) to resurrect this blog without running out of new swatches to show anytime soon.


Anyway.


Today I am showing one of my favorites - the famed China Glaze For Audrey.


China Glaze For Audrey
China Glaze released this in 2007 as the only color in the Something Blue collection. I remember people going crazy over this polish. I have only gotten a bottle for myself recently and I'm definitely regretting not giving in to the hype years ago. 
Light box


For Audrey is a light robin egg blue that is bright without being neon. It leans more blue than green but can quickly change depending on the lighting. I find it flattering despite being such a bright color.
Sunlight
The formula is a bit on the thick side and it's opaque enough to be a one-coater. I'm wearing two because the brush on mine was stiff and won't spread out, so I had to do a second coat to even everything out. 

It's such a classic color everyone should consider having in her collection. I'm sure Audrey would approve.

xo Nicia

No comments:

Post a Comment